Saturday, January 08, 2011

You Can Have a Social Life... Days 13 - 15

Tuesday had spinach and 2oz turkey burger (more like slider) while others got brisket and lunch items from Market Street. Thursday had a dinner of 2oz pork tenderloin and radishes while everyone around me was eating pizza. Friday had a dinner of chicken and zucchini kabobs while everyone else was having brats.

So what did I learn from these experiences?

1. Normally I wouldn't think twice about joining in on any of these and eating what was present. (And probably lots of it.)
2. Others cared more that I couldn't eat the food than I did. (LOVE YOU GUYS!!)
3. The diet is not an excuse to avoid social situations.
4. It was hard to see all that yummy food, but mine was good too.

I still have a ways to go to develop the habits that I think will help me maintain the weight loss. But I am in a groove with the diet. It is not that hard anymore and I am not really that hungry. When I do eat, I only eat about half the meal, then I am full. I have learned to slow down and savor every bite, because the one thing this diet is not changing is my taste buds.

Some new recipes:
Tomato salad - cut tomatoes with salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme.
Cauliflower Mash with garlic - stem the cauliflower then smash with potato masher and mix with garlic, salt, and pepper.
Broccoli Mash - same as Cauliflower mash :)
Chicken and Zucchini Kabobs - make sure you clean the grill off if other meat has been on it. Also you'll want to season the chicken with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash seasoning before it goes on the grill.

No comments: