Monday, October 15, 2007

Singlehood: The Generation Gaps

In an events meeting a few nights ago the subject of why do we have break up events by age groups. We are looking at doing 30s, 40s, & 50s events. Someone (probably in mid 40s or early 50s-- just my guess) asked why did we have to separate out by ages. They said (like most older singles I talk to) that they didn't mind having younger singles involved.

I thought Clayton did an amazing job with this question. He did not shy away from the topic (he never does), but he pointed out that the older singles are not the one who have a problem about it. He told them, if they wanted to know the answer, to ask a younger single.

Again true. Though I do not mind being in groups with all ages, I definately feel more comfortable with those areound my age or younger. I guess that is why the post-college crowd still interests me.

Just thought that was an interesting, but true observation. I am praying we can get more 30-somethings involved once we get those 30s events going.

No comments: