Monday, October 15, 2007

Nugget of Truth: Casanova 2

This is one of those rare nuggests of truth where scripture struck up a movie line, instead of the other way around. That is why it is on a movie I have already done. There is a trial where Casanova has confessed to a crime he did not do in order to save the women he loves and this is said:

"A confession, is that ALL you require?"
"Well... yes, it is."

I am reading through Luke and just after the arrest of Jesus he is brought before the priests. They ask "once and for all are you the Son of Man?!" Jesus says, "I am who you say I am."

This confession of self is amazing and the events that it sponds are terrible. Not that terrible stuff was not already happening to Jesus. He had already been arrested, blindfloded, beaten, and denied by one of his closest followers at this point.

I am just reminded this morning that He knew what was coming. He knew why it had to happen. Thank you Lord for confession that You indeed are the Son of Man. For going through with Your purpose, so that I did not have to. I can confess in You and it not lead to my death. It will lead to my life.

No comments: