Wednesday, December 29, 2010

3 down!... Days 4 & 5

3 pounds down from my starting weight or 7.5 if you count from the end of my load day. Things are going well... there are times in the day where I want to walk in the kitchen and grab something to eat. Most of the time, I don't... I know I can only have so much and I am trying to space it out so as not to go to bed too hungry.

There are times where my stomach starts rumbling... and I am not sure what to do. It gurgles a bit when I start eating too. I am sure as this diet becomes more of the norm, I will learn more about my body, how food effects it, and what is hungry versus yearning.

I have gotten so much support with texts, visits, emails, and calls... THANK YOU!! I know this will be a roller coaster, but I know that support will remain constant.

Also, I know this is a discipline, not a diet. I found it fitting that my Day 1 of 365 reading in the Bible had this verse:

Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

I do not want to be a fool. And though I may not like this discipline... I know it is a way of learning. Learning more about who God made me to be.

Diet Learnings:
Likes-
Egg whites mixed with crushed mustard seed, dill, salt and pepper... it's like a healthy egg salad
Iced Green tea with Stivia (Since drinking this I don't have the headaches)
Cucumber, Radish, and Celery slices with salt, pepper, and 1TBSP of vinegar
Apples sliced with cinnamon and stivia microwaved for 90seconds... quite yummy!

Dislikes-
Cottage Cheese and Cucumbers in the same meal (Though tomatoes and cottage cheese works, I switched it out after trying the first combination. i want to try it with basil and the Walden Farms Balsamic to see if it will make a sort of tomato mozzarella salad)
Only getting 1 TBSP of Salad Dressing/Vinegar... but since I only get 2TBSPs a day... I split it between the two meals or a snack.

No comments: