Monday, January 26, 2009

Stop


I am loving Doug Fields new book Refuel. I finished the chapter this morning on Stopping. Stopping to put margin in your life. Stopping to bring God into your day. Stopping to break the lies that society screams ever louder that busyness = success. Today is day one of my stopping. My first attempt was to cut off the radio and try praying. That was great except the fact that I was in an unfamiliar car on unfamiliar roads and ended up 40 minutes in the wrong direction before I stopped my stop and turned back on the radio and my attention to the surroundings. I hope to get better at my stops... (kinda like I am right now blogging). I know practicing stops is going to help me so much. It is just too doggone practical not to.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hmmm... I'll have to check it out.

That is, after I finish the other 10 books I'm in the middle of :)