Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A new day

After yesterday, I was so excited to go to work today. It is amazing what a change of heart perspective can do. When I relized that I was not just serving, but ministering... it seemed to change everything. It does not mean that shepharding will start coming naturally to me. I am much more gifted in Administration than Shepharding, that is just who God made me to be. AND THAT IS OK!! I shared some of the experience that led to this conclusion yesterday... but I did not share the scripture that I read that confirmed it :) So here it is:

Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. 1 Peter 5:2-4

Lord, I am now willing, eager to serve, and wanting to be an example. I had shared with Marti early last week how much trouble I was having getting through 1 Peter. God knew I needed to read 1 Peter chapter 5 yesterday and that is why. Isn't God cool like that!

No comments: