Friday, September 26, 2008

40 Days of Love - Day 9 & 10: My Parents


On September 27 my parents will celebrate 39 years of marriage. That is just awesome to think about. I am so humbled and blessed to have the parents I have. I know that I did nothing to deserve them, but even still God hand picked them to raise, care for, shape and love me.

My parents are by no means perfect. I know that the past 39 years has had it's ups and downs. I know I have been the cause of some of those ups and downs as well. But they have abided in God's love, seeked first His kingdom, and have chosen to continue to love one another through it all. I know they will continue to do this as long as they both shall live.

Mom and Dad... I love you both deeply. Thank you for being Christ and His church lived out for all to see. Your continued love and devotion is a beautiful thing in a world filled with ugly stuff. Thank you for having me. Thank you for loving me. I love you both more than words can say. Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

No comments: