Tuesday, July 08, 2008

30 Days of Praise: Day 7 - Passion

Everyone is passionate at times. We have topics, issues, or projects that grab our attention, energy, and creativity. I praise passionate people. Without them change would not happen.

I have written about this before. The problem is that so often we do not know how to deal with the passion of others. Instead of encouraging, channeling, or directing it... we flatten it. What a painful experience to have your passion flattened. For some this ends it, for others it angers them, for few this becomes just another roadblock on the way to fulfilling their purpose. In ministry it is especially hard to handle passion. You have a lot of passionate people around you who all want a piece of your time, energy, thoughts, advertising space, etc.

I am still bad at balancing the passions of others, my own passion, and my role in this. My prayer is that I do not squash the passions of others that God has placed and purposed them to.

No comments: