Friday, July 04, 2008

30 Days of Praise: Day 3 - Freedom

I was going to try and do something different and off the wall for 4th of July, but alas I have picked a patriotic praise. I am so grateful to live in the United States of America. There is a lot wrong with this country, but when it comes to freedom and opportunity... we got it. Today I want to praise a friend and she is also a co-workers daughter. She is in the Navy and currently sleeping just below the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. I praise her for her courage, bravery, and willingness to serve and be a part of something so much bigger than herself. She is a living example of these verses:

1 Peter 2: 16-17
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

She chooses to spend her freedom living as a servant of God, loving others, and honoring our nation. Thank you Jaime for all you are doing. This 4th of July my thoughts are on and with you.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm with you on this. FREEDOM! We have it like no other country in the world. And we have a freedom in Christ!!