Thursday, October 26, 2006

What If

Have you ever played the "what if" game? I could not help to think tonight as I sit here so happy. My job, my family, my friends, my church, my situation... I am just so happy. I am SO blessed. But I could not help but remember the state I was in 4 weeks back.

WHAT IF I was still sitting on that jury. I can't even imagine. Would I be tired of driving to Santa Ana every day? Would I know more than I would ever want to know about meth and gangs? Would I still have gotten my new job? Would I have had the time to develop some relationships as well as I have over the last few weeks? To think that I still would not know Lisa or Rick or Kerri or Riles or any of my new co-workers. To think that I would not be called Tee-Na-Na. I would not be getting on a plane to see my family. I would not be there the moment my nieces see Cinderella's castle for the first time.

God is amazing. He is in control. I think back to the day I was call on the jury. Like Abraham with Issac, I was prepared to give it all up. I desired to be obedient. And boy did God use that. Thank you Lord for my life. Thank you for the people you have put in my path. Continue to make me the woman You want me to be. The woman I need to be, so that You will shine through me.

No comments: