Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's Not About Me!

Yes Rick Warren... I know.... but I forget. Sorry for that last post. I am not deleting it, b/c I think it is important for Christians to be vunerable, to show their scars, and to be able to reach out with an honest plea for help. But... I was convicted during my quiet time... that I need to think and pray more for others right now. As I started escaping the "Me" cloud... I was able to think of so many prayer request for others that I have over looked. It was great to just sit and remember and pray. So hear are some names... just as you read through them... read through them as a pray for these people and their struggles to be answered and lifted up. Thanks!!

Janine
Danielle and Forrest
Gina
Los and family
Jen, Tony, and their mom
Jackie and Eddie
Carl
Sue
Margaret
Pat
Hannah
Anna
Don, Buffy, Maggie, Lacie, and Baby
Matthew
MawMaw and PawPaw
Sue and Paul
Jean and Tom
Janet and Mike
Rick and Kay
Theo

Oh there are so many more... once I head down this path it could take hours... just remember... it's not about you. Those are just the lens you see this world through!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize girl. It is not selfish, we are encouraged by God to pray for ourselves, to ask others to pray for us, so don't feel guilty about that, as long as it is not the only thing you do ;-)
Praying for you, and your list.
Love ya

Danielle said...

I don't know how I missed this post...I agree with Janine. No apologies...PU-LEASE.

It isn't all about us but you should take the time to just have YOU and GOD time...talk to Him about YOU...not just about others...and then listen...listen...