Monday, June 13, 2011

40 Days of PEACE: Day 5


Strength

Truth: You please Godo when you admit you need His strength.

(from original journal when I first did this study in fall of '05)
Playing worship music is the best example of this in my life. Often i am tired, my fingers hurt, I don't know the music, can't get the bowing right - yet I melt. I disappear into God's strength. It is not about me. I feel like I could play forever. The question is... what about other parts of my life that need that same strength: lossing weight, loving others, money, materialism. Lord show me how to see your strength in those. I admit they are so overwhelming to me, yet for You they are so easy. Struggling is ok... it shows that I am fighting the flesh, not just giving in. Help me to step out in Your strength to conquer. Let me see that strength does not equal bold. It equals do.

No comments: