Monday, December 20, 2010

2011 - A Year of Discipline

Doesn't sound like the most fun goal for the New Year does it? Well... around 33 years old Jesus got baptized, was tempted, then started down a path that lead to His death and our eternal life.

As 2011 and my 33rd birthday approach harsh realities are hitting me. My health has gotten worse. My arthritis had a huge flare up this past summer. I also had to go on cholesterol medication. Then my last two doctor visits my blood pressure was high. This was a wake up call for me to get healthier.

I saw co-workers and members of my church go through a treatment called HCG. Many have lost 30+ pounds... some 60+. I did not jump on the bandwagon right away, because I knew that I did not need a miracle medicine, but a life change. I need new habits, new outlook on food, and a fresh start at living a healthy life.

I will be keeping you up to date on my progress as I start this weight loss process Christmas Day.

But that is just the physical discipline... I am also going to read through the entire Bible next year. As I look back this last year was not bad. It was good. But... next year is going to be better. And no matter what comes my way, I know I want to be grounded in God's Word. So I will be sharing progress on this as well.

So I will be changing my habits both physically and spiritually through adding discipline and accountability into these areas of my life this new year. My prayer is that as I focus on the physical and spiritual, God will indwell in my relational, emotional, and mental aspects of life. That starting with the two that I can better discipline will change all of me, not just to where I am skinny or healthy or happy, but to where I can better be used for my purpose on earth... sharing His love with others.

I hope you will journey with me through this process.

Love,
TiNA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome TiNA! I look forward to reading on how you are doing : ) hugz and much prayer as you go through this adventure! Tina