Friday, September 11, 2009

Weep

Romans 12:15b says, "weep with those who weep". Today I remember. I remember sitting at the front desk of my dad's new office building. I remember JoRee sitting next to me. I cannot remember how we originally heard the news, but I remember scrambling to find a tv so we could see if the news was real. It was true... a plane had crashed into one of the World Trade Center Towers in NYC. The main question at the time was how. How did this happen? At that point, it was just an accident... a tragic accident.

As we continued to watch the news, we saw it. We saw the moment that hundreds more people died. We saw the second plane hit the other Tower. Our how turned to who. Who could be doing this to us? It was no longer an accident, this was intentional, this was sad, this was war. A mixture of emotions I had never felt before swelled. As the day continued, so did the tragedies. When would it all end? Would it end?

As I remember where I was today when I heard, when I saw the towers fall... my heart weeps. It weeps not for myself, though as an American I feel a victim of this crime, but my soul weeps for those who weep today. For millions this day is etched in their minds forever. May we never for get not only the events of the day, but to weep with those who weep.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Beautiful entry.