Wednesday, April 22, 2009

There’s A Song in My Heart

In the message this weekend Pastor Rick spoke about how life on earth is a temporary assignment and that part of practicing for eternity and fulfilling our purpose in life is worshipping God. I know that worshiping God involves more than just music. Some other elements of worship such as obedience, prayer, fasting or writing may resonate more with others, but for me, it is music.

This morning I woke up with a praise song in my head. This is not a rare thing for me. I never know what song it will be, so I always know it is going to be a good day when it is a praise song. What is rare about today is that the songs haven’t stopped. All day long when there has been a quiet moment, my head has been filled with song after song. I’m talking random songs! From something they sang on American Idol this week, to songs from the service, to songs I haven’t sang since I was a child in Sunday School (“God said to Noah, build me an arky arky”). It’s one of those days where it seems that every thing my co-workers said reminded me of lyrics a song.

All today music has been filling my head, on my lips, and in my heart. The great part is that no matter what the song, it made me think of God. Because of that, today I have felt like a true worshiper.

Days like today are rare for me, but they are ones that I treasure. I pray you will have one soon!

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:19-20 (emphasis added)

No comments: