Monday, September 22, 2008

40 Days of Love - Day 7: Paul


This weekend Rick shared how we need to love people like Jesus loved us. How we do this is by accepting others like Christ accepts us, valuing others like Christ values us, forgive others like Christ has forgiven us, and to believe in others like Christ believes in us.

Paul... I know you may never read this, but I accept you. I value you. I forgive you. I believe in you. I love you! My love is not perfect. I know someone whose is...

Jesus accepts you no matter what you have done. Jesus values you enough to die for you. Jesus forgives you no matter how bad you think you messed up. Jesus believes in you. Jesus' love is perfect. It is unconditional. It doesn't even matter if you want it... you got it. He believes in you... believe in Him.

You know there is a great man in the Bible named Paul. He did not have the best past. He passed judgments that in turn permitted the death of Christians. He valued prestige and power over all. One day he had an encounter with Jesus that changed his life. Paul changed the world forever. His life was not always an easy one, but it was a blessed one. He had purpose and joy and meaning. I pray that you will find these as well.

Again, I do love you, cuz, and I am praying for you.

No comments: