Friday, January 05, 2007

Josh makes me think


It is amazing how the lyrics (when he sings in English) just grab me and point me to God or my Christian walk. He is not a "Christian" artist, but God uses Josh Groban's music so much to touch my heart. I was listening to his new CD, Awake.

There are just some thought provoking lyrics in there. Ones I want to share, if you continue to read :)

You Are Loved (track 2)- you got to hear this as God speaking... it doesn't work if you think it is anyone else (just like You Raised Me Up on his last album) It is so true... We are loved!

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I will lift it for you
Don't give up
B/c you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I will break it for you

Everyone wants to be be understood
Well, I can hear you
Everyone wants to be loved
Don't give up
B/c you are loved!

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When your lost inside
I'll be there to find you
Don't give up
B/c you want to burn bright
If Darkness blinds you
I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be be understood
Well, I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
B/c you are loved!

Another Song:

In Her Eyes (track 7) - Guys learn from this. You don't have to be perfect, just love us... and you will be our hero :)

I am not a hero
I am not an angel
I am just a man
A man you tries to love her
Unlike any other
And in her eyes
I am a hero

There is no way you read all of that... so I will have to work it into another post sometime. :)

1 comment:

TiNA said...

I will pretend you didn't ask that. He is only my favorite singer in the whole wide world!

http://www.joshgroban.com - on his site is a video of the song that I put the lyrics to on the blog... go check it out :)