Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Here's an Idea

So a friend of a friend was over the other night. He is a video editor. He mentioned the problem so many video editors are having that their clients cannot afford a sound/music editor, so the client expects the video editor to know how to and have all the resources to produce the audio as well. He mentioned how many editors like him would happily pay for royalty free music.

So I think I am going to start up a music library. Yesterday I came up with this idea to work at least an hour and a half on samples and beats. Sounded like a great idea until I went to fire up my midi control/keyboard. It is dead. Even with a battery change or plugged in... it doesn't even light up. So... guess I will be drawing in beats. Sounds like too much fun ;)

In these days where I am working part-time, aka until I have a full-time job, this sounds like a great way to get back in the composing saddle again. Speaking of saddle... We are forming a cello choir at Saddleback. We have 6 cellist that play the services now... so that should be tons of fun. I will probably work on some arrangements for that group as well. Good stuff.

No comments: